Thursday, October 22, 2015

19 Weeks "Bumpdate"



Baby: Baby Pro is as big as a mango!! Weighing 8.5 oz and is around 6 inches long!  Right now the little one is working on his/her five senses! Nerve cells for his/her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain. He/she now has a skin covering called vernix which is like a protective layer around his skin while he soaks in amniotic fluid all day. 
Bump: Felt a lot of growth happening this week. Starting to see more of a bump!! Sharp round ligament pain 2x this week. Starting to feel movements more often and stronger! 
Favorite moment of the week: This weekend was one of our friends John & Kea Scott's gender reveal party. Kea and I are one week apart! It was fun attending the party, seeing friends and guessing the gender! The ladies all guessed right! It is a girl!! 

Miss anything? I am going to miss my jeans and some of my yoga pants. This was the first week that they were starting to get tight on me in the mid-section! 
Movement: getting progressively stronger & more noticeable! I love it!!! Sometimes he/she will move a lot when I start talking! It's so cool. 
Cravings? THIS. 
Haha! This was my first "gotta have it now" craving... Called Dominos around 10:30pm & it got here around 11pm. We scarfed it down while watching "Parenthood." It hit the spot! Such a fun & random night. 
Sickness? Tyler was battling a virus & hives for the past week. He finally kicked it and is feeling way better! It was definitely my turn to take care of him! I can't remember the last time he has been that sick for so long. 
Gender prediction: I keep referring to our baby as a "him." I have a feeling that it is a boy. I could be totally wrong, but I would be shocked if it is a girl. Tyler is starting to think it's a boy too. It is a mover- that's for sure! So we either have a little b-ball player or a little dancer on our hands! 50/50 shot! :-) ONE MORE WEEK until our 21 week ultrasound- Oct 29th- and we find out for sure!  
Maternity clothes: Bought my first maternity shirt this week! I had to buy it because it was my first top I tried on where I could really see the "bump" coming out! 

Mood/energy: feeling pretty good! 
Sleep: I have been waking up at random times in the night to get water or something to eat. For some reason, my mouth just gets so dry at night! Usually can go right back to sleep. Also my skin has been very dry as well. I'm trying to moisturize often! 
Exercise: Teaching PiYo 2x a week and also get exercise just practicing it to teach a new lesson this week. Staying pretty active while teaching dance. 
Diet/Weight: I will find out at my next appointment on the 29th! Feeling good about my diet (pizza was a splurge) and read recently that my our little ones taste buds are developing and that he/she will most likely be interested in the foods that he is used to getting in the womb. So that is a great challenge for me to have well balanced meals! 
Prayer needs: thank the Lord that Tyler is healed! Pray for continued health & that I do not catch what he had! I have some congestion & a sore throat- so I am praying it doesn't develop into something more! 
Looking forward to: Our next prenatal appointment! We will have our 21 week ultrasound! 
Thankful for: A healthy pregnancy thus far! 


Until next time,


Xoxo- 

Dorothy & Baby Pro



No comments:

Post a Comment